Beat Summers with These Cool Indian Dishes by Lala’s Kitchen
Scorching summer heat can cause dehydration, sun strokes and more such health issues. It is therefore necessary to keep your body cool internally in order to beat the heat. Eating heavy foods that include meat, nuts and chilly may thus not be advisable as this might increase internal heat and cause issues such as indigestion.
If you are an Indian food lover, this fact may lead to disappointment as it generally consists of oils and peppers. Savouring this cuisine might not be recommended by many in the sunny weather.
However, what one will be surprised to know is that there are certain common Indian dishes that have a soothingly cooling effect and are perfect to be consumed in the hot, sweaty Australian summers.
Some of such Indian fares prepared at the best Indian restaurant in Bentleigh, Lala’s Kitchen, are explored below:
One of the tastiest things in Indian cuisine is its tangy street food or chaats. These usually contain cooling ingredients such as yogurt that refreshes you, mint that helps with inflammation and indigestion and watery tomatoes that are rich in Vitamin C and antioxidants. These thus regulate your body temperature, keep you hydrated and tingle your taste buds, all at the same time. Some of the popular Indian chaats from Lala’s Kitchen that are recommended to be consumed during summers are:
● Dahi Sev Puri: Crispy puffed up pastry filled with potatoes and topped off with mint and tamarind chutneys, yogurt and sev.
● Papadi Chaat: Crisp fried dough wafers mixed with boiled potatoes, chutneys and yogurt.
● Pani Puri: Crispy pastry filled with a spiced mashed potato mixture, served with a refreshing mint flavoured water.
● Samosa Chaat: Popular samosas stuffed with a potato and pea mixture are mashed up and tossed in mint chutney, mango chutney and yogurt.
● Aloo Tikki Chaat: Potato patties served up with sweet and spicy chutney, yogurt and sev.
● Bhel Puri: Puffed rice, papadi, potatoes and tomatoes mixed with sweet and spicy chutney.
2. Veg Corn Kebab:
Corn has various health benefits. It is rich in Vitamin C. Moreover, it is good for the eyes and keeps chronic ailments such as cancer at bay. While it is a year-round food, corn is great for summers because it is rich in carbohydrates that provide energy. At Lala’s Kitchen we present this grain in a tasty new avatar. Our corn kebabs consist of a minced mixture of corn and vegetables, mixed with flavourful herbs and spices and cooked till crisp. This is a great delicacy for you to enjoy on an exhausting sunny day when you need to keep active.
3. Scrambled Palak Paneer:
Spinach is a superfood that is high in water content. This makes it perfect to keep hydrated during dry summers. Palak paneer is one of the most popular indian summer dishes. At Lala’s Kitchen, you can enjoy this concoction with a twist. Our scrambled palak paneer consists of a rich green curry with scrambled cottage cheese. This mouth-watering recipe paired with our pillowy soft breads makes for the most satisfying meal.
Raita is made with yogurt which is famous for its cooling effect. Apart from being extremely refreshing, yogurt aids digestion, strengthens the immune system and is high in protein as well as important nutrients. At Lala’s Kitchen, we provide raita in two varieties:
● Onion Raita: This is the perfect summer recipe because it contains onions that help regulate body temperature and mint that is great for the digestive tract. It consists of natural flavoured yogurt with chopped onions, chaat masala and mint.
● Boondi Raita: This crispy dish consists of boondi — fried gram flour balls — mixed with yogurt, spices and masala.
Chaas or buttermilk is the sought after drinks to fight the scorching sun. It consists of all healthy ingredients like yogurt, water, spices and salt. It is a great after meal brew that helps digest your fatty lunch or dinner. Besides, it is a refreshing hydrator which reduces blood pressure, gives you calcium, treat acidity and brings a drop in cholesterol level. At Lala’s Kitchen we provide this summer drink in variations like:
● Jeera Chaas which consists of roasted cumin seeds as an addition to the traditional brew.
● Masala Chaas which consists of a blend of spices and herbs such as ginger as well as mint added to the classic recipe.
Lassi is essentially a heavier and sweeter version of Chaas that consists of more yogurt and less water. It is popular for its positive effects on the digestive tract, human skin and bone health. Additionally, it boosts the immune system and prevents bloating. This cold, thirst quenching and rejuvenating drink is available in versions such as:
● Khus-khus Lassi having poppy seeds as an addition.
● Mango Lassi having a delicious mango fruit flavour.
● Dry fruit Lassi with ice-cream having traditional lassi topped with dry fruits and ice-cream.
So, here it is! Your guide to order the perfect summer dishes when you visit Lala’s Kitchen.
If you love Indian food then we are worth visiting for a supreme experience.
Book a table with us today and try these invigorating culinary creations in a fun ambience.