Whether it’s a cheese, garlic-scented fluffy naan to the minced-meat-stuffed keema, for many, an Indian meal isn’t complete without a fresh naan bread. It is a bread with an illustrious history and one that has seen a great deal of change over the years.
Here are some reasons why Naan bread is one of the most popular Indian foods:
- The naan dough is composed of flour, water, yoghurt, and yeast, then traditionally cooked in the tandoor oven. It’s served warm with any Indian curry. The hotter the naan, the fresher it is.
- It’s gooey, which is the best texture for any doughy bread.
- It’s versatile. It is just one among plenty of delicious Asian bread.
- Some examples are:
Chapati: This Indian flatbread is made combining the same flour for Naan with water and salt, but without yeast.
Paratha: It is a traditional bread famous in many regions of South-East Asia. The dough is made with flour, water, and vegetable oil, then cooked in Tawa, the Indian cast iron skillet.
At Lala’s Kitchen, we serve a variety of naan with authentic Indian cuisine. We serve laccha paratha, plain naan, butter and garlic naan, chilli cheese naan and more. Visit our restaurant, order our authentic Indian gravy and have our naan your way!
- You definitely won’t be hungry after eating a meal with naan, or even on its own.
- It’s perfect for dipping. Indian cuisine is all about varieties and naan is the perfect food to soak up delicious sauces, curries, and those last few flavours on your plate.
- It’s for everyone. Whether you’re an adventurous or picky eater, naan caters to every type of diner. Kids love it, too!
- It’s authentic. Naan is a cultural Indian staple cuisine. It is traditionally cooked in a clay tandoor oven, as with many other meats and dishes.
- It’s delicious. This bubbly flatbread tastes oh so good! Between the cooking technique, the preparation, and the fixings, naan is one of those foods you can’t resist.
Looking for authentic Indian curries and dishes to accompany your curry and naan? Visit Lala’s Kitchen.